CB, Lee Aguirre will decide between BYU and UH on Thursday.

Talk about sports like the NFL, MLB, NBA, NCAA, Fantasy, Boxing, MMA along with any other sports you follow.
Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

CB, Lee Aguirre will decide between BYU and UH on Thursday.

Post by Sportsbow »

Salt Lake Tribune blog: http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/
BYU has also offered a scholarship to cornerback Lee Aguirre from Fullerton Junior College in California. A member of the Fullerton staff said Aguirre will make his decision known on Thursday.

He has narrowed his choices to BYU and Hawaii.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

LEE AGUIRRE Image CB, 5-9, 200 lbs. (4.48 40 yd dash)
(Fullerton CC - Fullerton, CA)
(Offered Scholarship)
(Also have offers from BYU and New Mexico.)

Lee is deciding between BYU and Hawaii.
(See Salt Lake Tribune blog.)

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeM9M4vPwrI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hENNITjS ... re=related

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl= ... &ct=title#

http://video.google.com/videosearch?hl= ... &ct=title#

Salt Lake Tribune blog: http://blogs.sltrib.com/recruiting/

JC Football Forum: http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=87&f=2909&t=3416899

Rivals.com profile: (3-stars) http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/vi ... _key=82330

Scout.com profile: (2-stars) http://jcfootball.scout.com/a.z?s=87&p= ... id=3361141

Grinch
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Re: CB, Lee Aguirre will decide between BYU and UH on Thursday.

Post by Grinch »

C'mon Lee. Become a WARRIOR
"The rise . . . of the Warriors."

Irse
MLB: Cubs
NFL: Cowboys

Post by Irse »

Does that mean Williams is not coming for sure. Sorry, don't see the need for three JC CBs much less four.
ImageImage

browndog
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by browndog »

Never can have too many CBs IMO. Toughest position on the field.

Irse

Post by Irse »

Except when 8 of them are sitting on the bench while our QB is getting shellacked since we have a lack of OL. Well, I guess we could use two for gunner on punt coverage teams since we will be punting often and the starters will need to be rested since they'll be o the field a long time. Okay maybe 8-9 in two years is okay.
My point. There are two CB positions We signed 5 last year and have commits for 4 this year. Thats nine for 2 positions. 4.5 deep. Offensive line, 5 positions. We got 3 last year and 4 commits this year and possibly Lacount (all accounts is that he should be in school in Jan but until they are in school?) That's a possibility of 8 for 5 positions. That makes us not even two deep in two years. Plus we lose Estes, Letuli, Kia, Ieru and Hisatake after next year. In 2007, JJ brought in only Lefiti and Hansen and the year previous it was Ginlack, Lipp and Thomas. So basically in 4 years will will have gotten only 13 OL for the 5 positions. Barely two deep. So maybe we will need more CBs, more because we won't have an offense.
ImageImage

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

Helps to look at the actual roster for a discussion like this. Next year, 6 seniors. There WERE going to be only 3 juniors but Mack brought in 4 Jucos, 2 scholies, 2 walkons. Then there will be 4 sophs and 4 RFRs. Looks like incoming there will be 4 true frosh scholies and one walkon. 23 scholies, which amounts to 4 deep. I agree though, Mack needs to do better on the OL as far as attracting bluer chip OT prospects.

Aaron Kia OL 290 Jr.
Daniel Johnson OL 290 Jr.
John Estes OL 295 Jr.
Laupepa Letuli OL 320 Jr.
Raphael Ieru OL 315 Jr.
Ray Hisatake OL 315 Jr.
Adrian Thomas OL 305 So.
Brysen Ginlack OL 310 So.
Joey Lipp OL 270 So.
Austin Hansen OL 285 Rf.
Clayton Laurel OL 280 Rf.
Lucas Kennard OL 255 Rf.
Matagisila Lefiti OL 295 Rf.
Drew Uperesa OL 280 Fr.
Kaha'i Choy OL 275 Fr.
Levi Legay OL 270 Fr.
Tui Tuiasosopo OL 310 Fr.
Recruits
Chauncy Winchester-Makainai HS
Marcus Malepeai HS
Jordan Loeffler HS
Benson Ma'afala HS
Bronson Tiwanak JC ?-2 (walkon)
Whitley Fehoko SDSU ?-? (walkon)
Brett Leonard JC ?-2 (arrives January)
Grays (2009)
Kainoa LaCount JC 2-2
David Garness HS (Walkon?)

Irse wrote:Except when 8 of them are sitting on the bench while our QB is getting shellacked since we have a lack of OL. Well, I guess we could use two for gunner on punt coverage teams since we will be punting often and the starters will need to be rested since they'll be o the field a long time. Okay maybe 8-9 in two years is okay.
My point. There are two CB positions We signed 5 last year and have commits for 4 this year. Thats nine for 2 positions. 4.5 deep. Offensive line, 5 positions. We got 3 last year and 4 commits this year and possibly Lacount (all accounts is that he should be in school in Jan but until they are in school?) That's a possibility of 8 for 5 positions. That makes us not even two deep in two years. Plus we lose Estes, Letuli, Kia, Ieru and Hisatake after next year. In 2007, JJ brought in only Lefiti and Hansen and the year previous it was Ginlack, Lipp and Thomas. So basically in 4 years will will have gotten only 13 OL for the 5 positions. Barely two deep. So maybe we will need more CBs, more because we won't have an offense.
Substance matters.

SmugDude
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by SmugDude »

Not that this makes a huge difference, but you do have to consider nickle and dime situations where you would have to additional DB's on the field. As a result, realistically you probably need to have 6-7 corners at any time to have a two deep + some special teams coverage and allow for some amount of injuries.

That said, Mack does prefer to move corners to safety so there's that angle too.

Also bear in mind we lose our top 3 CB this year (mouton, dowling, and roberts) and our top 3 safeties (montelli, thomas, and e-rob) so from a DB point of view we're going a little lite.

Though I would agree OL is a big concern.

letsgobows
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Colorado Rockies
NBA: Denver Nuggets

Post by letsgobows »

the way i see it, we lose our top 3 corners. mouton, dowling, and roberts. the next guys in line are all seniors with very little experience: jp davis, chris black, jeramy bryant. jeramy bryant is SUPPOSED to be a stud, but he got injured this season. we dont know how serious his injury is, and it is a leg injury. so im not sure if he'll regain all his speed or be in shape.

i think right now, we have 2 true corners: Lametrius Davis and Melvin Hopkins. Although we got Kevin Williams, I think the coaches really got him for his return ability. he will compete at corner, but he will be a big time special teams player for us. he was voted all conference as a returner. So i think that is why we are going after Lee Aguirre. We might not land him though, looks like he is going to BYU. If we do not land him, we should still be deep enough though.
college football=drama for men.
GO WARRIORS!

senorhayabusa
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by senorhayabusa »

Can never have enough Cornerbacks or defensive tackles.

Atleast safeties and linebackers can technically be switched around.

Not all of the JUCO cornerbacks will be able to handle the DIv1 jump so gotta prepare for it.

Lee Aguirre will really help solidfy this recruiting class, everyone says that this guy can play at the DIV 1 level and is just a flat out playmaker.

flipen
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Mariners
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Seahawks

Post by flipen »

C'mon Lee, you know you want to be a Warrior.. 8)

warrior650
High-quality H20 provider
High-quality H20 provider

Post by warrior650 »

One of the BYU boards is saying that he chose BYU, but I haven't been able to find any confirmation of it yet. Hope its not true.

Irse

Post by Irse »

dcwarrior wrote:Helps to look at the actual roster for a discussion like this. Next year, 6 seniors. There WERE going to be only 3 juniors but Mack brought in 4 Jucos, 2 scholies, 2 walkons. Then there will be 4 sophs and 4 RFRs. Looks like incoming there will be 4 true frosh scholies and one walkon. 23 scholies, which amounts to 4 deep. I agree though, Mack needs to do better on the OL as far as attracting bluer chip OT prospects.

Aaron Kia OL 290 Jr.
John Estes OL 295 Jr.
Raphael Ieru OL 315 Jr.
Ray Hisatake OL 315 Jr.
Adrian Thomas OL 305 So.
Joey Lipp OL 270 So.
Austin Hansen OL 285 Rf.
Lucas Kennard OL 255 Rf.
Drew Uperesa OL 280 Fr.
Kaha'i Choy OL 275 Fr.
Levi Legay OL 270 Fr.
Tui Tuiasosopo OL 310 Fr.
Recruits
Chauncy Winchester-Makainai HS
Marcus Malepeai HS
Jordan Loeffler HS
Benson Ma'afala HS
Bronson Tiwanak JC ?-2 (walkon)
Whitley Fehoko SDSU ?-? (walkon)
Brett Leonard JC ?-2 (arrives January)
Grays (2009)
Kainoa LaCount JC 2-2
David Garness HS (Walkon?)

Irse wrote:Except when 8 of them are sitting on the bench while our QB is getting shellacked since we have a lack of OL. Well, I guess we could use two for gunner on punt coverage teams since we will be punting often and the starters will need to be rested since they'll be o the field a long time. Okay maybe 8-9 in two years is okay.
Not all of those 23 are on scholarship. As far as I know, these are the guys that are.

Aaron Kia OL 290 Jr.
John Estes OL 295 Jr.
Raphael Ieru OL 315 Jr.
Ray Hisatake OL 315 Jr.
Adrian Thomas OL 305 So.
Joey Lipp OL 270 So.
Austin Hansen OL 285 Rf.
Drew Uperesa OL 280 Fr.
Levi Legay OL 270 Fr.
Tui Tuiasosopo OL 310 Fr

Kennard isn't even on the roster. Fehoko and Tiwanak are walkons. Malepeai played only DE this year and the articles when he committed, stated nothing about him playing OL. Two that were initially on scholarship were not invited to fall camp this past year so I don't know if they are still on scholarship. So after this year, the ones in bold is what we have on scholarship plus the 5 recruits. I count 14, total and one wasn't on the fall camp roster.
ImageImage

blahblah
Pine rider
Pine rider

Post by blahblah »

you gotta remember that special teams requires quite a bunch of dbs

dcwarrior
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by dcwarrior »

But if you are going next year, remember that there will be 4-6 more recruits then as well.
Irse wrote: I count 14, total and one wasn't on the fall camp roster.
Substance matters.

Sportsbow
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by Sportsbow »

BYU's message board says that Aguirre has committed to BYU.

LINK: http://www.cougarboard.com/nologin/list.html

Oh well! Now they can offer Kicker Sean Brauchle a scholarship.