"Former" UH QB charged with threatening his girlfriend

Share your news and views about University of Hawaii Warrior Football
H20
MLB: Not a big fan of MLB.
NBA: Celtics
NFL: Falcons

"Former" UH QB charged with threatening his girlfriend

Post by H20 »

Does no one really check both papers anymore? This was posted 10 hours ago in the SB, no mention on the Advertiser site. I just woke up cause I work late and am very surprised it wasn't posted yet.
UH QB charged with threatening his girlfriend

By Leila Fujimori

POSTED: 01:30 a.m. HST, Apr 28, 2009
(Single Page View) | Return to Paginated View

A University of Hawaii backup quarterback was charged April 14 with first-degree terroristic threatening and fourth-degree criminal property damage after allegedly threatening his pregnant girlfriend with a knife.

Bryce Kalauokaaea allegedly held a knife to his girlfriend of five years and also threatened to kill her dog during an argument April 12 at their Waiahole home. He was arrested later that day and is free on an $11,000 bond.

Kalauokaaea, a walk-on from Castle High School, where he was named the OIA Offensive Player of the Year in 2005, and his attorney did not return calls to the Star-Bulletin.

Football coach Greg McMackin said, "He was suspended and did not take part in spring practice."

McMackin refused further comment.

According to a police affidavit filed in court, the girlfriend told Kalauokaaea during the argument she was going to stay with her grandmother in Nanakuli.

While she was walking to her car, Kalauokaaea allegedly threw a glass at her and missed, and she left.

When the woman walked back into the house because she had forgotten her laptop, Kalauokaaea grabbed her dog and allegedly threatened to cut off its head with a silver, two-pointed knife.

After she told him to stop, Kalauokaaea gave her the dog and held the knife to the girlfriend's neck and told her he did not have anywhere to go.

The woman told police she let him talk, fearing for her life. When he eventually stopped talking, Kalauokaaea allegedly stabbed the knife into a wall. She walked to her car, and he followed, allegedly breaking the screen door and punching her car.

On Jan. 7, Kalauokaaea was convicted of resisting arrest, a misdemeanor, and fined $500.

unkosolz
Pine rider
Pine rider

Re: UH QB charged with threatening his girlfriend

Post by unkosolz »

If this is actually true, I would have him off the team and the school. He should be in the pin and see how it's like being manhandled. Sad...
E Pa`a Ka Mana`o I Ka Pono I `Oi A`e

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

First and foremost, he should seek help. Anger management would be good first step. He's a kid growing into a man... lots of growing pains and issues. If he truly has nowhere to go, then that's a lot of uncertainty for a young man to deal with. He needs to learn how to channel his frustrations and uncertainties in less threatening ways off of the football field.

I pray he gets help before he truly hurts someone or all that potential will be wasted.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

bigislandkurt
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Dodgers
NBA: Lakers
NFL: Vikings

Post by bigislandkurt »

Sadly, this happens to a lot of our young athletes. When past glory fades, the harsh realities of real life can be a little too much for these "once mighty" shoulders. Trust me, this kine behavior Bryce exhibited is one HUGE red flag. Some body need to reach out to this bradduh. Still not too late.

This young bradduh has no idea the damage he inflicting to that baby in the womb. Pregnant mamas do not need to be in that kind of situations. It's a cruel, sad world.

BIK
Friendship is Essential to the Soul

kapakahi
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
Location: formerly SoCal (Long Beach, South Bay & the OC); relocated back to Honolulu

Post by kapakahi »

H20 wrote:Does no one really check both papers anymore? This was posted 10 hours ago in the SB, no mention on the Advertiser site. I just woke up cause I work late and am very surprised it wasn't posted yet.
unkosolz wrote:If this is actually true, I would have him off the team and the school. He should be in the pin and see how it's like being manhandled. Sad...
FYI....maybe just a coincidence but...Bryce Kalauokaaea was apparently off the team before April 18. Bryce did not suit up, participate, nor attend the April 18 (Saturday) on-campus scrimmage nor this April 25 (Saturday) scrimmage at Aloha Stadium.
Last edited by kapakahi on Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

madeinhawaii
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by madeinhawaii »

bigislandkurt wrote:Sadly, this happens to a lot of our young athletes. When past glory fades, the harsh realities of real life can be a little too much for these "once mighty" shoulders. Trust me, this kine behavior Bryce exhibited is one HUGE red flag. Some body need to reach out to this bradduh. Still not too late.

This young bradduh has no idea the damage he inflicting to that baby in the womb. Pregnant mamas do not need to be in that kind of situations. It's a cruel, sad world.

BIK
She's pregnant with his kid??? Whoah.. if so, he better seek some help. It would be the best thing he did for himself and his family to be. Auwe...

Bryce,

If you are reading this, get help. No shame in it. Ask for help. Talk to the coaches to see if they can help steer you in the right direction in terms of finding help. The bigger shame is in not owning up for your wrongs and in not trying to correct what's gone wrong.

I wish you well.

Visit my wife's photography site ... mahalo!
http://artistsinhawaii.com

Small~Axe
Play Maker
Play Maker

Post by Small~Axe »

HA did have the story.... They just didn't have the names of the involved parties
If you are the big tree,
We are the small axe,
Ready to cut you down,
Sharpened to cut you down - Bob

SundayJam
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*

Post by SundayJam »

We can never know the whole story, because we weren't there. Anyway, we all have drama at one time or another in our lives. Just because they play football does not make them superheroes or villains.

Way to go Star Bulletin...printing domestic abuse stories about former walk-on football players. Whoop-dee-doo...

Tone96795
Starter
Starter
MLB: White Sox/Yankees
NFL: Rams

Post by Tone96795 »

No chick in dis world is worth dying or going to jail for... an i feel sorry for the dog wtf did he/she do?

PIAA DS
Hall of famer
Hall of famer

Post by PIAA DS »

I was told by another player that Bryce QUIT the team a little over 2 weeks ago. I was told this before this incident. He was not suspended, he knew he wasnt considered a valuable part of the team and was not on scholarship, so he decided he needed to get a job because of the pregnancy. I would never defend what happened IF it happened like it was told, but quite often after these things happen and hit the paper, we find its a "he said she said" and there is either a lot more to it or there is a bunch of drama there. I've known Bryce since he was in 9th grade and if he did this I would not defend him. But Im sure there is more to the story than we know. I just dont know how a kid with the most pleasant personality and always a smile on his face like the world was a great place can snap like this. Something must have really happened but there shouldnt be any rush to judgement because this boys life is now screwed and he has never been a "thug" in his life.

kalilix7
Play Maker
Play Maker
NFL: Patriots

Post by kalilix7 »

No doubt this is an unfortunate situation to all involved, including the little keiki waiting to enter into this world. I hope that they all seek the necessary help and do what's right for all of them. All to often our society rushes to judgement before all the facts are hear. Doris I hope that you are right, either way get help!

uhwarrior23
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: Braves
NFL: Pats

Post by uhwarrior23 »

This some messed up stuff... ;/

The808Chef
*True Sports Fan*
*True Sports Fan*
MLB: SF Giants
NBA: LA Lakers
NFL: SF 49ers, Denver Broncos

Post by The808Chef »

Good luck to you son! Looks like if the allegations are true, you're going to need it and some help along with it!!
Often wrong...seldom in doubt!

thanohano44
All-conference
All-conference
MLB: baseball aint a sport.
NBA: Suns
NFL: Raiders

Post by thanohano44 »

Best of luck to Bryce and his girlfriend. I pray that you will be able to overcome these trying times and if these allegations are true....I hope this never happens again. The choices you make today can affect your life tomorrow as well as your wife and childrens.

IPatentllo7o1
All-American
All-American

Post by IPatentllo7o1 »

if he indeed did do these things, and its not just some big misunderstanding, then he should go to prison... hell stabbing the wall with a knife is no way to treat a lady... and i hope for the girl and kids sake that its not true, since these types of things usually always end badly... some guys are just not meant to be with a woman, especially ones that are physically abusive...